Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SO . . . I AM GETTING MARRIED!!

Allright - This Post is for Tami. She told me that I better get on and post some things before she puts stuff up on her Blog about me getting married or something. So the news is true! HaHa. I am engaged as of April 25th. Got engaged before I turned 25! What an accomplishment. Just for the record, my birthday was on Saturday April 26th for those of you who did not call and sing to me. I will still accept belated birthday songs. JK! So I am getting married on August 7th 2008 in the Logan Temple. Save that date because the party is going to be at the reception - not the wedding. How did it happen and who is it you might ask? The boy is Mike McCracken. And we dated for - maybe not so long - but when you know, you know! The story - we had a picnic planned for my birthday but Stake Conference interferred so we moved it to Friday. It was a very windy cold day but we went anyways. Mike had asked me my favorite cereal and I told him Granola so we hiked up Red Hill up by the pillars and had a picnic and ate our cereal. We were done and he asked if I was ready because it was freezing cold and I said yeah, let's go. So I stand up and he gets a ring box out of his backpack and gets on his knee and proposed and I said yes and he opened it up and there was this big ROCK! (See pictures) So I was like all confused and asked, "are you serious?" and he was like "yeah! I got you a big rock!" So I was like what am I supposed to do with it and he said to carry it around and show people. Well we left and it was small talk and he took me home and had planned on going home to bed so he dropped me off. My roommates had planned on taking me out for ice cream so he dropped me off and said he would see me tomorrow. WHO DOES THAT? So I told my roommates I was engaged and showed them the rock and they were like, "Are you serious?" and I didn't know so I was like, "I think so." So yeah. We went to ice cream and I started thinking and being a girl and going crazy so I text Mike and was like "who goes home after they get engaged?" and "you just got engaged to this hot girl, you are so not going home to sleep . . . it's 7:30!" and "I want to talk to you when I get done here" so he said to call him when I got home. We go home and I hear my roommate that stayed home yell "She's home" and so I started thinking something was up but more along the lines of a surprise birthday party. Anyhow, I went downstairs to my room and opened the door and just stood there. It was decorated with lights and streamers and balloons and confetti and candy and diamond rings hanging from the ceiling. (My roommates were all in on it!) So he pops out from behind the door and apologizes and smiles and then got the real ring and proposed again! So that's it. I am getting married to Mike McCracken. Just thought I better put that on the blog for people to enjoy! Love you all!






3 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

YAY im so excited for you! your ring is BEAUTIFUL!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

CONGRATS!! Heidi It's Amy Blanscett Godfrey!! I am so excited for you!! Your ring is so pretty and you two look so cute together.

Amber Bennett said...

Congratulations Heidi!!!I am very happy for you.